International Women’s Day is annually held on March 8th to celebrate women’s achievements through the history.. It is also known as the United Nations Day for Women Rights and International Peace.
Learn to say Women’s Day on a few different languages:
Dan žena – Croatian
Día Internacional de la Mujer – Spanish
Internationaler Frauentag – German
The Prussian king was the first one to promise to introduce votes for women, back in the 1848. His promise gave hope to all women, but it was a promise that he failed to keep. Almost hundred years later, the first International Women’s Day was organized on March 19th, and later that date was moved to March 8th.
New Zeland was first countr in the history which gave women the right to vote. Croatia did it in 1945 and United Arab Emirates only 8 years ago.
In Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldavia, Mongolia and Byelorussia Women’s day is a national holiday. In Italy, flower mimosa is a symbol of women’s day and is frequently given to women as a gift. Similar to that, in Ukraine women receive rose or tulips and in Croatia they receive a rose or carnation.
– In year 2012 unknown man from Kazakhstan has bought for his wife a million red roses
– Journalists of the German tabloid “Bild” received a day off in 2012 on Women’s day, and their male counterparts have taken all the work.
– Two years ago, American restaurants distributed free cupcakes for all the the women.
The Talmud quotes:
Be very careful if you make a woman cry, because God counts her tears. The woman came out of a man’s rib. Not from his feet to be walked on. Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.
He who is without a wife dwells without blessing, life, joy, help, good, and peace
We compiled a list of some amazing facts that we think found interesting about women:
– women have better immunity then men and live on average 6 years longer
– more women have finished college then man
– in average, women speak about 20.000 words in a day, but man only 7.000
– man say more lies than the women
– there are currently 17 countries with women as heads of government, heads of state or both.
– 54% of currently living women in US are mothers
– the two highest IQ’s ever recorded on a standard test belonged to the women
Every Home, every Heart, every Feeling, every Moment Of happiness is incomplete without you, only You can complete this world!
Happy Women’s Day